2016 Royal Society Book Prize Winner Announced
Congratulation to Andrea Wulf for winning the Royal Society Insight Investment Science Book Prize, for her book The Invention of Nature: The Adventures of Alexander von Humboldt, the Lost Hero of Science. Announced on the 19th of September, winning £25,000. I will be featuring the winning book today.
The other books nominated were:
- The Hunt for Vulcan: … and How Albert Einstein Destroyed a Planet, Discovered Relativity, and Deciphered the Universe by Thomas Levenson
- The Planet Remade: How Geoengineering Could Change the World by Oliver Morton
- The Gene: An Intimate History by Siddhartha Mukherjee
- Cure: A Journey Into the Science of Mind over Body by Jo Marchant
- The Most Perfect Thing: Inside (and Outside) a Bird’s Egg by Tim Birkhead